Friday, October 2, 2009

should have saved this for thanksgiving...

looking back over my previous blog posts, what i notice more than anything is everything that i haven't had a chance to write about. i've been gone 10 days but it feels like forever.

i have a friend who ends travel updates with a list of thank yous. i find this not only a good way to give thanks where it was due, but to summarize key events, which often centre around the people you meet along the way. so here is my own list, from the beginning.

very sincere thanks goes to:
-grandma, for putting me up in anticipation of my trip, and storing all my stuff while i'm away. and for everything.
-mom, for getting me in touch with sue ronson and contacting friends at universities in the area for me.
-kim, for driving me to the airport, and encouraging me to contact relatives in this neck of the woods
-all the other family and friends left behind, for love, encouragement and support.
-kasper, for letting me crash in his basement and feeding me and lending me camping gear and chats and generally being awesome
-vince, chris, carola, eileen and nikki for great company, "things" and the hokey pokey.
-tim, for chats and showing me the UBC farm
-kate, for dinner and long overdue catching up
-farah, for taking me on an early morning bike ride to the UBC farm market
-jamie, for taking me camping and carrying my guitar
-karli, for chats about meaningful life plans and for mushroom spotting abilities
-jay, for sharing music and stories
-andrew, for helping me get to pemberton and asking me to play my guitar
-leah, for delicious moose meat tacos
-brad, for teaching me a few tricks on the guitar and on the coleman stove
-babar, for getting me safely to the bus and for delicious fruits
-trish and bill, for giving me food and a bed and family stories
-janet, for car ride conversations
-sue, for making me feel immediately a part of her (our) family that i have yet to meet

now that i live with a writer and have access to a computer and may be in one place for a day or two i should be well inspired to write thoughtful updates. so, till tomorrow,

jacqueline.

No comments:

Post a Comment